Friday, January 20, 2012

Driving With Jesus

     I ended up in the right hand lane on Elm Hill Pike yesterday where it crosses Donelson Pike. It was my own fault--I should have been in the middle lane because I needed to go straight but I couldn't get over because nobody would speed up or slow down and let me in despite the fact that I had my turn signal on for half a mile.
     Anyway, cars were behind me and they all wanted to turn right onto Donelson Pike.  If I sat there waiting for anybody in this city to let me in, I'd still be there, so I went straight, signal still on, and waited right in the middle of the intersection for some kind soul to slow up and just give me a little space to squeeze in.
     The light changed, but that didn't stop anybody--they just kept on crossing Donelson Pike. Finally, with cars blowing their horns all around me, I saw a chance to merge left and make it across Donelson Pike.
     A white tricked-out pickup truck decided against that, though.  He decided he'd rather run me into a concrete wall there across from Auto Zone than let me in front of him.
     And as he sped past me, giving me the finger and laying on his horn, I noticed the "Fish Sign" on his tailgate.
     Evidently, his wife put it there because Jesus doesn't drive like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment